Media Access to ATL
Access to pre-security checkpoints
Credentialed members of the media are permitted to record in the public areas at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Public areas are defined as those locations that do not require a boarding pass or restricted area pass to enter. As a courtesy, media outlets are asked to contact the ATL Policy and Communications division when filming onsite (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Access to post-security checkpoints
Journalists with proper identification may request a security screen and escort beyond security checkpoints. Media working beyond security must be escorted at all times by a badged representative of the Airport or other approved agency.
Baggage carousels, ticketing counters, and concessionaires’ leased spaces are not considered public areas. Media wishing to access such areas must notify the respective tenant.
While filming onsite:
- Media must respect the direction of Airport staff at all times, including, but not limited to, requests for identification.
- Media personnel are responsible for obtaining permission from any and all individuals being interviewed and must respect the wishes of those who do not desire to be on camera.
- Media cannot film security inspections and security checkpoints without proper approval from the Department of Aviation and Transportation Security Administration. Depending on the nature of the shoot, approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection may also be necessary.
- Media must respect operational and security staff at all times.
- Media cannot block or restrict passenger movements.
- Media must park vehicles properly in parking lots.
Media parking is provided on a first-come, first-served basis at two specific locations.
- Domestic Terminal
Members of the media may park in the marked spaces in the uncovered area immediately beyond the exit of the North Hourly parking lot at 6000 North Terminal Parkway.
- Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal
Members of the media may park in the marked spaces at the far eastern end of the terminal roadway located at 2600 Maynard H. Jackson Jr. Blvd.
Live transmission locations
Media parking for live microwave or satellite trucks is allowed at two specific locations.
- Domestic Terminal:
The Domestic Terminal North’s curbside island located at the far northern end of the main terminal roadway at 6000 North Terminal Parkway.
- Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal:
The far eastern end of the terminal roadway located at 2600 Maynard H. Jackson Jr. Blvd.
At no time will media be allowed to park in locations that impede traffic flow or interfere with the visibility of navigational aids to guests at ATL.